CoWin in child psychiatry
Dayton Children’s Hospital in Ohio has one of the friendliest, most open and innovative child psychiatry departments in North America. They give a lot of scope to technology that effectively tunes into the world as it’s experienced by children and at their stage of life. All 26 accommodations are equipped with a CoWin 48 media wall which allows the children to look at their treatment schedule, for example, to play games, draw or listen to their favourite music. An inbuilt webcam and microphone make it possible for children to communicate with their families or with nursing staff.
“Our teens and adolescents are digital natives. Technology is like air to them – they live it and breathe it. These boards allow us a way to connect with them on a whole new level and give them tools and techniques to be good digitial citizens – truly an innovative use of technology to better serve our children.”
Kelly Blankship, DO, behavioral health inpatient manager at Dayton Children’s.
Quick facts about CoWin:
– Ultra-resistant glass that meets the most stringent safety standards
– Built in camera, microphone and speakers
– Advanced GRASP software with a broad selection of applications
– Available in CoWin 48 and the more affordable CoWin 32
– Built into, and completely flush with the wall
– Already installed at 57 locations in 8 different countries.
Want to learn more about CoWin?
Please download the brochure or send it to a friend or colleague.